Consecute translation, also known as continuous translation or improvisational translation, refers to a form of translation in which the interpreter re-expresses the thoughts and feelings expressed by the speaker in the target language to the audience in oral form after the speaker has finished speaking part or all of the original language.
Concurrent interpretation in conference interpretation requires interpreters to be able to listen to a continuous speech for as long as five to ten minutes, and use good speech skills to interpret the whole content completely and accurately. Consecute-interpreting is considered by many to be the most advanced form of interpretation, more than simultaneous interpreting, because it requires the understanding of the source language before the target language is formed, and most utterance fades from memory and is replaced by something else after a few seconds at most.
Consecutive Interpretation and Simultaneous Interpretation:
1. Consecute interpretation is difficult to interpret simultaneously in listening. Understanding is the premise and key of translation. Due to its own characteristics of consecutive interpretation, the interpreter must be in the speaker continued after a period of time to the target language expression, so hearing put forward high requirements for interpreters, especially some speakers due to the emotional, talk for a long time, this will require a simultaneous interpreter bear larger hearing load, fully understand and well versed in dense information content, If the interpreter's hearing is weak, he or she can not thoroughly understand too much source language information, which will lead to poor quality interpretation products.
2. Consecute interpretation is higher in language quality than simultaneous interpretation. Consecute-interpreting attempts to achieve a combination of "faithfulness, reach and elegance", which requires the language to be faithful to the message of the source language while trying to achieve "elegance", so as to bring beautiful target language and better auditory impact.
3. Consecutive interpretation has higher requirements on the memory of interpreters than simultaneous interpretation. Both consecutive interpretation and simultaneous interpretation require the interpreter to have an extraordinary memory, but there are great differences between them in the way of memory. Consecute interpretation, due to its own characteristics, requires interpreters to have a stronger and more excellent short-term memory, requiring them to be able to store the absorbed information in memory in a short period of time, until the end of the target language. Therefore, interpreters should have the memory of the "camera", which is the key quality that consecutive interpreters must have.
4. Consecute interpretation is higher than simultaneous interpretation in terms of the interpreter's note-taking skills. In the communication, the interpreter must have solid and excellent note-taking skills. A successful communication is inseparable from the skilled note-taking skills of the interpreter. The mental load of the interpreter is natural, so it is necessary to reduce the pressure of memory with the help of notes, and the acquisition of note-taking ability is "no rules to follow". Under the premise of understanding the basic knowledge, the interpreter must go through a lot of practice and practice to continuously improve the note-taking skills. What's more, translators tend to lose balance in the allocation of energy between taking notes and understanding and digesting the source language and the information, so they tend to focus on one and lose the other.
5. Consecutive interpretation requires more public speaking skills than simultaneous interpretation. Consecutive interpreters need to be able to be competent on various occasions, be elegant, neither servile nor overbearing, be able to effectively communicate with the audience, and use the necessary body language and eye contact to control the whole scene of communication, so as to make the meeting go on normally and produce high quality interpretation.
Consecutive Interpretation Company Service Areas:
Diplomatic meetings, bilateral negotiations, medium conferences, technical exchanges, in-class interpretation, business negotiations, high-level academic conferences, academic exchanges, visits, small-scale consultations, judicial and quasi-judicial procedures, banquet speeches, journalists, press conferences, exhibition negotiations, etc.
Languages served by Consecutive Interpretation Company:
Matters needing attention for consecutive interpretation companies:
This price is for reference only, the specific price we should customize the quotation according to the specific professional field of the customer and the requirements of the occasion.
—— Finish ——