The product manual is an important manual to help users understand the performance of the product more quickly, and is also a guide for operating the product for the first time. When translating product instructions, you need to ensure that the translation is accurate and complete to fully utilize the product's functionality. This article will introduce you to the charging standards and translation requirements for English product manual translation.
Product manual charging standards
Generally speaking, most translation companies or independent translators charge based on the number of words in the source language and target language. Usually the billing is per source language word, but some translation companies will charge per target language word. Specific charging standards vary by region and service quality. In addition to the number of words, the following factors will also affect the translation fee:
1. Professional field: If the product manual belongs to a specific professional field (such as medicine, law, or technology), the translator needs to have relevant professional knowledge and mastery of terminology, which may affect the translation cost.
2. Translation quality requirements: If it needs to be translated into very fluent natural spoken language, special professional translators or additional proofreading work may be required, which will also incur additional costs.
3. Delivery time: If the translation manuscript needs to be delivered urgently, additional fees may be required to ensure that the translator can work overtime or complete the task first.
4. File format and formatting requirements: If you need to retain the original file format, graphics, or specific formatting requirements, additional fees may be required to handle file format conversion and adjustment.
Based on the above factors, we recommend that you communicate in detail with the translation service agency to clarify your translation needs in order to obtain an accurate fee quotation.
Translation requirements for product manuals
1. The introduction of the product must be accurate. Ensuring that the product introduction is correct is an important part of translation by a translation company. If the translation is wrong, consumers will be misled or misunderstood, thereby losing trust and dependence on the product. Especially for some relatively small products, the accuracy of data translation should be paid more attention to.
2. Important fonts should be marked in bold. Some product instructions use bold fonts to mark some important fonts. When translating, they need to be highlighted according to the original text, but they should not be marked indiscriminately.
3. The format must be correct. In the translation of product manuals, the format must be accurate. For example, the first line after translating the function introduction according to the specifications may be precautions, etc. The use of format can help users better understand product structure, and incorrect translation format can also mislead consumers.
To sum up, it is recommended that you comprehensively consider factors such as the number of words, professional fields, translation quality requirements, delivery time, and file format when charging for the translation of English product manuals. At the same time, you should choose a professional and formal translation company to ensure translation quality and service experience. If you have further questions or need translation services, we are always here to provide you with consultation and support.
—— Finish ——